Montague 21

02 August 2017

Roof being installed

Week 5: I had my first meeting with my Site supervisor today. He seems like a great guy, was super nice and accommodating. Answered every question, gave me as much information as he could, was the most helpful person I met from Porter Davis so far. Really hope the house keeps going full steam ahead, it's insane how fast the house goes up once they start it! Looks like we will definitely be in our new house by Christmas with enough time to spare to decorate. Been a dream of mine to have an insanely decorated house for Christmas :)

While being on site, the roof guys were there installing the colorbond roof,  seeing it on a full roof looks so sooooooo much lighter than it looks on the tiny sample they show you at WoS.



If you want to compare the roof to the sample we got in WoS then go to this link:
https://buildingmontague21.blogspot.com.au/2016/12/exterior-and-floors.html

It's so much lighter, it's like it's not even the same color!!! I don't mind it so much, my husband is in-charge of the exterior color scheme so I don't have any sort of attachment to the colors. As long as the kitchen is the way I want it, I'll be a happy camper!

UPDATE: We went over the weekend, the bricks started going up and the roof has the right color.. all is well :)
Now it's blue! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks so good! I'm so happy the SS was nice. I hope ours will be too. I'm so jealous you will be in by Christmas. That's not gonna happen for us now thanks to the council delays.

    ReplyDelete